Sunday, November 1, 2009

My First Attempt At Modeling: with DiMattia Photography

This past weekend I took a step outside my comfortable boundaries and was the subject in front of the camera! Saturday was THE perfect day for photos! A little cloudy, warm and windy. Plenty of natural elements to add character to all the images. Joe, from DiMattia Photography, and I met in Newburyport, MA. A city located along the Merrimack River at the mouth of the Atlantic Ocean. Starbucks was a priority as it was early and I enjoyed my fall favorite, pumpkin spice latte! After a few photos along the river and downtown, we ventured off to the Plum Island State Park/Sandy Point State Reservation. It costs $5.00 to get in, which is a small price to pay for the scenic sites that await you. The 77-acre park is an important nesting area for the piping plover and people can be found walking, beach combing, fishing and birding. About 1:30 our stomachs told us it was time to head back to Newburyport for lunch. We stopped at the first restaurant we laid eyes on: The Purple Onion. I tried the Chicken, Roast Tomato & Basil Panini. Fantastic! It had just the right amount of fresh mozzarella and tomatoes and was grilled to perfection. Joe had the Garlicky Saute Bowl with chicken, which he graciously allowed me to try. Another mouth-watering sensation! Seating is offered indoors and outdoors on a small patio overlooking the playground and shops. After our delectable meals, we parted ways. I had the privilege of browsing the shops for the rest of the afternoon. I stopped in the following:Gentry's Consignments, Life Is Good, Ganesh Imports, Just Dogs! Gourmet, and Souffles. As it had been a long day, I needed a pick-me-up and tried the White Chocolate Coconut Iced Coffee at Souffles. Yum! It is too bad this store/cafe is hidden around the corner from Starbucks. Souffles' coffee was even better than my pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. I highly recommend stopping here if you have the chance while you are in the city.
Here is a peek at photos from the session. Joe has more posted on his Flickr page and there will be more in the future!

1 comment:

  1. you definitely nailed it! Looking forward to getting you in front of the camera again, you are a real natural!

    ReplyDelete